Referral or “finders fee” from builder or contractor

A builder or contractor that is not a licensed agent can pay an agent a “Finders fee” in a transaction when the agent does not represent either party. Washington County Board of Realtors has a “Contractor Referral Form” to use. NWAOR and SLBOR do not have a specific form. In this instance using the FOR SALE BY OWNER form noting at the bottom of the form that the agent is NOT representing the buyer and that the fee is being received as a finders fee and not a referral or commission. If the builder/contractor is an actively licensed agent at a brokerage then use the KW Referral in the link below.

Washington County Board of Realtors Contractor Referral Form

KW Referral Form